Tuesday 27 September 2011

Day 24: A Break in the Action

When the weight comes off, the days are easier.  I am coming into a new phase of this diet, and I am a bit nervous about it. In some ways it feels just slightly miraculous that since the day I started this diet I've lost between 15 - 17lbs.  I am proud of it, but don't necessarily feel like I've worked at it super hard.  In this new phase I am able to lighten the very strict restrictions on this diet, it will only be for about a week or so, but I really don't want to pack on the weight again.  I think that this is where the hard part comes in, the part where I have to work to discipline myself even more.  There are still so many things that I am not confident that I've learned completely.  I don't want food to be my idol, but the temptations have been stronger to grab a snack of this or that, snag a piece of meat I'm cooking for my husband and son, and I don't want to go back there again.  At the beginning of this diet, before I started, I used to eat and eat and eat, simply because I didn't want to feel deprived of anything.  It was silly logic, because to be healthy I need to stop myself from eating the way that I do, and eat differently.  Now, after actually being "deprived" and not able to eat many things, I think my perspective has changed.  I guess time will tell, God help me.  But, I look at food now as a blessing that God has given us, something to survive on, but not something to ruin myself over.  It's going to be interesting...forward, always forward. 

Tuesday, September 27 - I weigh 185lbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...