Sunday 16 October 2011

The Beginning Again - Day 5

Ok, so not exactly right at the beginning, but sorting out life has taken longer than anticipated.  I finally braved the scale, after two weeks of freedom, and I can happily say that I was only up 3lbs. It was a terrifying affair if I do say so myself, but in the end, I conquered and finally opened my eyes to actually LOOK at the scale.  I know what I have to do differently at the end of this phase, but if any excuse can be found I really was in party mode.  After this phase I keep telling myself, it will be different.  It has to be different.  Some of the things that I noticed during my "freedom" was that old habits really do die hard. By the end of the two weeks I was already breaking two cardinal rules, the first being, eating when I am already full, and the second, snacking between meal times.  I have to say, I am eternally grateful for the reprieve of meals that had become quite bland and repetitive, and that I am coping all right with the move back into this strict form of eating - but I do find that the cheating is quite tempting. Especially when we finally bought our Halloween candy.  When my husband jumped up from the couch yesterday to partake in a snack of peanut m&m's, I am sure I turned 3 shades of green. I wanted to grab them and eat them...ALL OF THEM.  I am pleased to report that I held off, and the candy is now in a secure location (out of sight - out of mind) but that it tells me that food still has a significant hold over me. I continue to work and fight it.  Viva la results! Down 3lbs to 185.2 - here's to horizons not seen for five years, down we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...