Thursday 27 October 2011

Day 16: The Stall

This half of the diet is going very differently for me. I've experienced a very long plateau simply because of what my body is doing right now, but I think what it's made me realize is my emotional attachment to my weight.  To sit and cry or be angry over the fact that the scale is not moving shows that it is far more entwined than I really thought before.  I am shaving away the time left on the strict phase of this diet, I realize that not eating as an  emotional response is something that I am going to have to watch for the rest of my life.  I want to control what I eat in a positive way, but I think even more than that, it's my emotions that need to be under control. Sounds easy, but when I think about it, we don't have to put any kind of control on our emotions.  In our culture our emotions are the be all of who we are.  That's just not right.  We can't continue to do what we FEEL is right, if I continue to eat what I FEEL is right, I guarantee the weight will pile back on. I don't have all the answers, but the journey continues. 

177 lbs and - 21 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...