Monday 10 October 2011

Hiatus: Then and Now and Tomorrow



After successfully completing the first phase of this diet, I've been on a short break for my sister's wedding and getting ready to repeat my strict diet plan.  I can't say I am looking super forward to it, I really do enjoy food, but the learning process has to continue.  Bad habits don't seem to be broken in only 23 days - especially during celebration times.  I sure love to snack between meals, keep my tummy full and happy.  I need to continue to work on that, to realize that I will eat again and I will be fine in between meals.  Because of this snacking I am more terrified of the scale.  From the LOOKS of things I have likely put on a pound or two, but, I really want to avoid the emotional response that the scale always brings out.  Nothing like being curled in a corner of the bathroom crying over the oscillating numbers on a scale. Apparently I need to continue to work on the emotional side of things.  It's all a journey, I know that, but it's also nice to know when you've arrived.  As I go on, I am increasingly concerned that I may be on this journey for the rest of my life.  I hope that in the mean time I can do good for others, and stop focusing on me and my weight, and instead move ahead and beyond.  I am now brave enough to post pictures of before and after the first phase.  I am happy with my loss, and I hope it continues.  Buck up - food isn't everything - here's to phase 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...